VMware Consolidated Backup Installation:
1. Downloaded VMware Consolidated Backup 1.1 Update 1 - VMware-vcb-118380.exe
2. Downloaded Integration Module Integration for Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers - Backup Exec for ESX 3.5 Update 2 - VMware-veritas-backupexec-integration-102898.zip
3. Downloaded Virtual Machine Backup Guide Update 2 Release for ESX Server 3.5, ESX Server 3i version 3.5, VirtualCenter 2.5 - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_35/esx_3/r35u2/vi3_35_25_u2_vm_backup.pdf
4. Install VMware-vcb-118380.exe on Backup Excec 12 server.5. Unzip VMware-veritas-backupexec-integration-102898.zip, open README-backupexec.html and follow instruction.
Some process description:
What actually VCB and Integration Module does - it temporary mount a VM(s) on BE media server drive (VCB proxy in VMware terminology). This mount point use very little space, so it is almost no consideration for the size of disk partition what you will use for mounting. After what BE backup VM(s) through the mount point, you do not need to have BE Agent on VM to backup it. Recent version of VMware tools (installed on a VM) gives VCB ability to backup using Windows VSS provider.
1. Be sure you have environmental variable: VCBBASE=C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework , if not you will need to run install.bat from C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec again - actually it is all what this batch does.
2. Play with selection list entries - they a little bit tricky, but follow the README-backupexec.html instruction and your judgement.